The Sarasota Power and Sail Squadron (SPSS) was founded in 1952 and today is one of the largest of the USPS Squadrons, with close to 410 local members. We are a totally volunteer organization.
The Sarasota Power & Sail Squadron is located along Florida’s southwest coast and only a few minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. We all share an interest in boating: power, sail, kayaks, and other types of personal watercraft. Our goal is to promote the principles of water safety to our members and to the local community. We encourage fun social events for our members and aim to build a close community relationship through various service projects. Learn more about us:
- About SPSS – Learn about who we are. [Learn More]
- Educational Courses – Public & Member Boating courses & Seminars. [Learn More] 22-23 Education Calendar
- Cooperative-Charting – We check on our local waterways for changes that affect nautical charts. [Learn More]
- Events, Classes and more – So many things to do so get involved and start enjoying SPSS! [Learn More]
- Free Vessel Safety Checks – We are all about safety and are here to help. [Learn More]
- Membership – Membership really does have its privileges including many discounts. [Learn More]
- Civic Programs – Serving our community in many ways. [Learn More]
- Social Activities – We are more than just boating! [Learn More]
- Marina Jack Luncheon Speakers – Join us for lunch on Thursdays and enjoy some fabulous food and guest speakers! [Learn More]
As a unit of the America’s Boating Club®, we are one of the largest with approximately 325 members. Take a tour while you’re here – see for yourself why SPSS is the premier boating organization – for education – for civic service – for boating FUN. Click here for our National Organization.