SEAMANSHIP (Jan 3rd Class Starts Jan 10th)
Build boating confidence and competence for safe and fun on-the-water adventures. Seamanship provides a foundation of knowledge and skills in boat handling and maneuvering, boat operation, skipper’s responsibilities, and boating techniques that will advance your boating enjoyment.
For both sail and power boats, Seamanship covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Types of boats and how they behave on the water
- Anchoring in various conditions
- Docking and line handling
- Close quarter maneuvering
- Rules of the road
- Communication with other boats
- How to respond to various emergencies
- Marlinespike/basic knots
- And other interesting topics
This course is normally completed in 8 two-hour sessions: six sessions of study, one session of review and one session for the exam.