- How weather systems form, behave, and move
- Where to get weather reports and forecasts on the Internet
- Using full color photographs and drawings to understand weather in the United States
- Using Daily Weather Maps – learning aids with a compete explanation of map symbols designed to develop weather map reading and analysis skills
- Understanding NOAA’s Sky Watcher Chart – a reference to assist in identifying cloud types
The Weather Course is designed to be conducted over ten two-hour sessions including time for review and the multiple choice closed book exam.